Friday 15 April 2011

STONEYS BREAD COMPANY

I really enjoy trying new restaurants and different cafes, and a personal favorite of mine is Stoney's Bread Company located in Oakville, Ontario (map). It's a warm, buzzing environment and their Sunday brunches (along with sandwiches) are to die for. I consider it a "hidden gem" as most people don't know about it except the locals. Check out my Pacific Coast Fritata below!


Stoney's  Bread Company Pacific Coast Fritata

One thing I absolutely love about this place is the environment. You can go on a Sunday morning and the place would already be packed, mostly filled with families, or friends - always a warm atmosphere to come into on a Sunday morning. However, the place is kind of small and has a Williams-cafe type of feel where you need a number, grab a table, and the orders will come to you, so often times you will need to be waiting for a table. Personally, I have never waited more than 15 minutes for a table so it's definitely worth the wait.

I also find their menu reasonably priced, typically around $9-20, around the same for other breakfast cafes. I personally love the fact that all their selections and garnishments for their breakfast items are combinations I would never have thought of. You won't find your typical "2 eggs scrambled, bacon and sausage, with fries" here.

A definite must-try for everyone ! In the meantime you can drool over their menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment