Sunday 17 April 2011

SPINACH and WATERCRESS SOUP

yum yum! I've been searching for a recipe of this soup for at least 5+ years now. I spent a summer in Mont Tremblant in Quebec and went to a French restaurant and had an amazing watercress soup. Watercress isn't very common, and most likely cannot be found in any supermarket- I got mine from an asian supermarket.

Watercress is extremely healthy for you and is loaded with Iron and Vitamin C. I followed this recipe from Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Cooking book and I modified it a bit and absolutely loved it. Check out the recipe here. I used a sweet onion and used 1.5 white potatoes instead. Mince/Dice and fry it up!

Prepare for lots of chopping. Sacrificed blood sweat and tears just chopping the onion.

 I'm normally not one to measure things out so I just use my best guess. Heat it up over the stove and then puree it in a blender. Check out my results below!

Boiling the ingredients in chicken stock on the stove top

Voila! Spinach and Watercress soup

I'm extremely happy with the results! I've tried to recreate the same soup I had in Month Tremblant at least ten times- I've tried adding a bit of cream to get a creamy texture, I've tried absolutely everything and this is the best that I have ever done. Highly recommend it! it's nutritious and delicious (hehe, no pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment